Last post for the day, I promise.
We are past the halfway point of the season, so it's probably best that I explain how the playoffs will work in this stupid league for idiots.
I've grown somewhat fond of the simplicity and, dare I say, (ED. NOTE: NO. This is absolutely the wrong word to use) elegance of the 10-pick system. Now, arguably, this is difficult to pull off in the playoffs, where there are only a maximum of 4 games/week. However, I have devised a system that not only maintains the 10-pick structure, but adds a layer of strategy to the playoff matchups. It seems a bit complicated at first, but remember, you are all Idiots, so if you can't understand it, it's because your dumb.
As I mentioned at the outset of the season, the top 6 teams from each conference make the playoffs, just like in the real goddamn NFL. Top 2 seeds get a bye in the wild card round. Second round will be re-seeded (ie #1 will play the lowest surviving seed).
In terms of picks, here are the rules:
1. Each participant gets 10 total picks to distribute to all games in a playoff week.
2. Players can pick the same team multiple times (essentially, weighting picks).
3. Players must allocate at least one pick to every game.
4. Players can allocate picks to both teams in the same game (if they really want to).
5. If the players in a matchup make the exact same picks, I will advise the higher-ranked team, who will have the option to alter picks or force the lower-seeded team to change (if I am the lower seed in a playoff matchup, I will advise someone independent (ED. NOTE: Capt. Gladys Stoatpamphlet or Pleatherface) of my picks beforehand to avoid conflict.
6. If the final score is a tie, the higher-seeded team advances.
If this is confusing, too bad and fuck you, or ask questions below.
Your Beloved Commissioner